Eligibility Qualifications and Requirements
- Productions must complete 8 performances during the season.
- At least eight of the production's performances must fall on eight separate days within a 30-day window.
- Total production budget must be less than $40,000 (between $0 and $40,000).
- Ticket price must be $30 or less (between "Free" and $30).
- Performances must be in Brooklyn, Manhattan or Queens (all theatres must be within walking distance (12 blocks) of public transportation or else transportation must be provided)
- Producers must be based within the five boroughs of New York City.
- Productions previously ajudicated by the IT Awards are not eligible. Remounted productions may be eligible if at least 70% of the production team and cast are different from a previously adjudicated production.
- The production must comply with all New York laws and all applicable union regulations.
- The IT Awards registration process must be completed at least three weeks prior to opening.
More info is available on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Each production must designate a judge to represent the production in the IT Awards judging pool. The designated judge will be required to see and adjudicate three other productions throughout the season and complete online judging ballots.
- Provide at least 3 and no more than 6 complimentary tickets throughout the run of the production to the IT Awards for judging purposes.
- Obtain approval from all persons being submitted for inclusion in the awards process.
- Verify judges’ attendance at your show.
- Include the IT Awards logo and a link to www.nyITawards.com on the production’s or producing company’s website*.
- Include an IT Awards advertisement or notice in the production program*.
Failure to fulfill these requirements may result in the production and its participants becoming ineligible for the IT Awards. The IT Awards committee will provide resolution in circumstances where Qualification or Eligibility is under dispute.