Each year the IT Awards celebrate the Off-Off-Broadway community while
honoring some of the most outstanding work of the season.
- Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role
- Outstanding Actor in a Lead Role
- Outstanding Actress in a Featured Role
- Outstanding Actor in a Featured Role
- Outstanding Solo Performance
- Outstanding Director
- Outstanding Sound Design
- Outstanding Lighting Design
- Outstanding Set Design
- Outstanding Costume Design
- Outstanding Original Music
- Outstanding Original Full-length Script
- Outstanding Original Short Script
- Outstanding Choreography/Movement
- Outstanding Ensemble
- Outstanding Production of a Play
- Outstanding Production of a Musical
- Outstanding Performance Art Production
The individual and production awards are adjudicated by the IT Awards Judging Pool made up of IT Awards participants and At-Large judges. This peer evaluation process allows Off-Off-Broadway to honor Off-Off-Broadway.
- The Artistic Achievement Award is presented to an individual
who has made a significant artistic contribution to the Off-Off-Broadway
- The Stewardship Award is presented to an individual or
organization demonstrating a significant contribution to the
Off-Off-Broadway community through service, support and leadership
- The Caffe Cino Fellowship Award is presented to an Off-Off-Broadway theatre company that consistently produces outstanding work. This award also includes a grant ($1,000-$5,000) to be used toward an Off-Off-Broadway production.
Unlike the production awards, the Honorary Awards are decided by the Honorary Awards Committee, which is made up of producers and artists from Off-Off-Broadway as well as from the New York theatre community at large.
Read Advice to the applicant from the Honorary Awards Committee